- Organization (referred to as either "the Organization", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to NairoBits Trust.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Data Controller, for the purposes of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), refers to the Company as the legal person which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data.
- Device means any device that can access the Website such as a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- For the purposes for GDPR, Personal Data means any information relating to You such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
- Website refers to the service accessible from nairobits.com
- You mean the individual accessing or using the website, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Website, as applicable. Under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), You can be referred to as the Data Subject or as the User as you are the individual using the Website.
For the purposes of personal information and data, NairoBits Trust’s policy is designed to meet the requirements and uphold the principles in the European Union’s (“EU”) General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”). NairoBits Trust utilizes the definition in the GDPR of personal data for the purposes of this policy. Pursuant to that definition, NairoBits Trust considers personal data to be information in any format that relates to a living individual who can be identified by that information, either on its own or when it is combined with other information held by us.
Collection of Personal Information
We will only collect personal information where the data is reasonably necessary for a genuine business-related purpose. This data is typically collected directly from you for the agreed purposes of potentially receiving services from you, receiving services from us, or keeping you informed about NairoBits Trust’s work. The types of personal Information we may collect includes but is not limited to:
- Personal contact details (e.g. telephone, email, or facsimile number).
- Information provided by you through our website or, if applicable, social media (such as Facebook or Twitter accounts).
- Your contractual history with us.
- Enquiries made by you through our website or if applicable social media accounts.
- If applicable when you follow our social media accounts, and register or subscribe to our mailing list.
- Applications by you to participate in our competitions and attend events such as conferences, meetings, and trainings.
- Through direct communication between you and NairoBits Trust personnel, such as email, mail, by telephone and direct meetings.
NairoBits Trust collects personal information in a lawful and fair manner, and it will only be obtained from you if it is deemed reasonable and practicable. We collect this information in a variety of ways, including but not limited to:
NairoBits Trust primarily relies on the consent of individuals to collect, process, and hold their data. You may opt not to provide consent or not provide certain personal information requested; however, doing so may result in NairoBits Trust not being able to provide you with services or contact you. NairoBits Trust strives to keep the personal data we hold relevant, updated, and correct. If there is a change in your personal data, please inform NairoBits Trust so that we may update your information as required.
Use of Personal Data
We use the personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing you services.
- Keeping you informed about NairoBits Trust’s work.
Sharing of Personal Information
NairoBits Trust will only share your personal information with others when we are legally permitted to do so. NairoBits Trust includes contractual language with third parties regarding data protection, confidentiality, and security guidelines. If your personal data is subject to the EU GDPR, NairoBits Trust ensures that any transfer of data will be under an agreement which covers the EU requirements for the transfer of personal data outside the EU, such as the European Commission approved standard contractual clauses. Personal data and information that NairoBits Trust holds may be transferred to the following types of organizations:
- Sub-contractors who are providing services to us in relation to services we provide to our clients.
- Third-party organizations that provide support services.
- Law enforcement, government, or other regulatory agencies as provided for by law.
- NairoBits Trust does not sell your personal data to third parties.
Retention of Personal Information
It is our intent to not keep personal information for longer than reasonably required. The duration depends on the nature of the personal data and the purposes for which it was received. NairoBits Trust maintains a data retention policy informed by:
- Legal or regulatory requirements of the location of the data processing.
- The completion of a contract with you or work you supported with our partners.
- If your personal data is held for reasons other than legal requirement or contractual engagement (e.g. newsletter, recruitment database), we will maintain that data until you request its removal or correction.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Data
The EU GDPR details an individual’s rights regarding their personal data. NairoBits Trust respects and supports these rights and applies them to personal data held. These rights include:
- Right to Access – subject to certain conditions, you are entitled to have access to your personal data. You may contact NairoBits Trust to request a copy of your personal data held by us.
- Right to Data Portability – subject to certain conditions, you are entitled to receive the personal data which you have provided to us and which is processed by us by automated means, in a structured, commonly-used machine readable format.
- Right to Correction – you may challenge the accuracy or completeness of your personal data and have it corrected or completed, as applicable. You have a responsibility to help us to keep your personal information accurate and up to date.
- Right to Object to or Restrict Processing – subject to certain conditions, you have the right to object to or ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right of Erasure – subject to certain conditions, you are entitled to have your personal data erased (e.g. where your personal data is no longer needed for the purposes it was collected for, or where the relevant processing is unlawful).
- Right to Withdraw Consent – as stated above, where our processing of your personal data is based on your consent you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, this will only take effect for future processing and is subject to certain conditions based on NairoBits Trust’s legal obligations.
To act on any of the above rights, NairoBits Trust may need to request additional information regarding the specifics of the request as well as confirm your identity. We will respond to these requests in accordance with regulatory requirements once we confirm the validity of the request. Requests regarding these rights can be submitted to NairoBits Trust by following the instructions in the “Contact for Requests and Complaints” section below.
Breaches of Personal Data
NairoBits Trust applies best business practices and secure systems to protect personal information. If a data breach that included personal information were to occur, NairoBits Trust will respond to the breach as required by the relevant regulations. If you are aware of a breach of personal data that concerns NairoBits Trust, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Information Collected by NairoBits Trust’s Website
NairoBits Trust collects anonymized data about visitors to our websites. Our primary goal in collecting this information is to provide the user with the most useful content and services. No personally identifiable information is collected or maintained without the user’s consent. NairoBits Trust uses HTTP cookies to improve the performance of our site. All retained data is anonymized—no personally identifiable information is collected, stored, or placed in cookies that can be accessed by third parties.
Images Utilized by NairoBits Trust
NairoBits Trust utilizes images collected by our personnel to demonstrate the nature and impact of our work. NairoBits Trust seeks consent to the degree practical from the individuals depicted in these images. If your likeness is reproduced in any of the images hosted on the NairoBits Trust website and you would like these images to be deleted, please contact the administrator who will promptly take action.
Contact for Requests and Complaints